Welcome to Countrysideforum a form in the country
April 20, 2024, 03:26:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Classifieds Gallery Links MOUNT VERNON NEWS Facebook Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Flu Shots

+- TOP STORY ----SCHOOL CLOSINGS and Delays**

EDITED BY Michael Erow/Owner/Webmaster

HTML ezBlock

Check us for closing or at our Facebook page Computersforkids

+- Amber Alerts

NO AMBER ALERTS AT THIS TIME

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Flu Shots  (Read 1086 times)
darthredlight

Badges: (View All)
« on: October 16, 2007, 08:38:28 pm »

Once again the flu shots will be available for Knox countians at the Knox County Fairgrounds on  Oct. 20 from 9 a.m. til 1 p.m.  there is 1000 shots available..

For local residents age 65 and older or have a high risk health condition such as,  heart disease,lung disease, kidney disease, diabetes, asthma, anemia and other blood disorders.

Flu shots will be available for children  ages 23 months to 6 years.....

A $15.00 charge for the flu shot at the drive thru clinic...
Medicare and Medicad will be accepted for payment...you will need to bring medical card and a photo ID.

also other clinics around the area.....

Tues, Oct 23    1-3 p.m.    Centerburg Senior Services  Old High School Building ( Preston Street)

Wed  Oct 31  1-3 p.m.  Knox County Health Department Centerburg,  Old High School Building

Thursday  Nov 1   1-3 p.m.  Floral Valley Community Center   850 Crestrose drive, Howard

Tuesday  Nov 6   1-3 p.m.  Gambier  Community Center   115 Meadow Lane, Gambier

Friday  Nov 9    1-3 p.m.   St. Lukes Community Center Danville,  307 Market st. Danville

Tues Nov 13     1-3 p.m.  Fredericktown Community Center  1 Burgett dr.  Fredericktown...

For recorded info or any other questions please call  399-8014 
Or you can call the local Health Department  at  392-2200
Report Spam   Logged
nicole1221
250 GREEN STAR MEMBER

Level 5 100 Posts 50 Posts
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 04:15:44 pm »

Kroger still has flu vaccine available on a walk in basis for $10.  Flu season is not over until March or April.
That's not a bad price at all!  I personally have never gotten one, but I think down here it's $20-$25.00.
Report Spam   Logged
darthredlight

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 08:26:54 pm »

Angry  Next year I might think about taking that flu shot offered to me by my doctor....I have never taken one....

I got the flu this year and it was not fun.......I hate shots to.... Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
nicole1221
250 GREEN STAR MEMBER

Level 5 100 Posts 50 Posts
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 03:15:34 pm »

lol

You know, that even though some people get the shot, it seems like they still get the flu.
Report Spam   Logged
darthredlight

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 08:00:48 am »

Angry
Report Spam   Logged
darthredlight

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 08:02:09 am »

Wink ok gonna try this again......i made a post and clicked on a smiley face at the end welll it cleared my post and just posted the smiley face....

Report Spam   Logged
darthredlight

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 07:39:53 pm »

Wink Hey Sea Breeze......have you seen the schedule for flu shots posted yet....would appreciate it if you would post it if ya see it somewhere....

thanks...darth
Report Spam   Logged
ratz
250 GREEN STAR MEMBER

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 04:42:49 pm »

I never get flu shots because I don't trust em.
Report Spam   Logged
Michael Erow
ADMINISTRATOR EXECUTIONER
Administrator
500 SILVER STAR MEMBER

do unto others as they do unto you

Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 09:52:58 pm »

Wink Hey Sea Breeze......have you seen the schedule for flu shots posted yet....would appreciate it if you would post it if ya see it somewhere....

thanks...darth

Here is another schedule for flu shots below I never got one before but my doctor said with my health i had to have one and I told him I dont want one but he said your getting it due to the meds I have to take for my spine and legs..I told him I better not get the flu from that dang shot.

Health Department to offer flu shots;
Drive-thru clinic is Oct. 18
Due to the increased availability of flu vaccine, Saturday’s drive thru clinic will be open to anyone wanting a flu shot.
“Regardless of your age or health status, you will be able to get a flu shot at the drive thru clinic,” said Knox County Health Commissioner Dennis Murray. “Flu shots will also be available for children.”
Those who come to the drive-thru clinic will not need to leave their vehicle to receive a shot.  “Simply drive into the fairgrounds, fill out paperwork and pull forward to receive your vaccination,” said Murray. Attendees will enter the fairgrounds through the lower gate on the east side of the fairgrounds.
Attendees are advised to wear a short-sleeved shirt so that their arm will be accessible to the nurse.
The Knox County Health Department will kick off the flu shot season with its annual drive-thru flu shot clinic on Oct. 18. More than 1,000 flu shots will be available during the drive-thru clinic which will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Knox County Fairgrounds.
Beginning Oct. 20, flu shots will be available at the health department’s main location, 11660 Upper Gilchrist Rd., on a walk-in basis,
Monday through Friday,9 a.m. – 3 p.m. In addition to the drive-thru clinic, the health department will sponsor five community clinics throughout Knox County. 
Eligibility requirements for flu vaccine from the health department have changed which will enable more people to receive a flu shot from the health department. The major changes include lifting the age restriction to those 50 years of age and older. In the past, the age limit was 65 and older. Flu shots for children which used to be restricted to infants are now available and highly recommended for children up to 18 years of age. Also included in the health department’s target population this year are care givers of children and those with high-risk health conditions.
As in the past, pregnant women are eligible to receive a flu shot from the health department as is anyone with a high risk health condition, regardless of age. High risk health conditions include heart disease, lung disease, kidney disease, diabetes, asthma, anemia and other blood disorders.
Any Knox County resident meeting the above criteria, regardless of what town they live in, can attend the drive-thru clinic.
There is a $20 charge for a flu shot from the health department. Medicare and Medicaid will be accepted for payment.
Attendees need to bring their medical card and a photo ID such as a driver’s license, to the clinic.
To expedite the registration process at the drive-thru clinic, registration forms are available in advance at the health department, 11660 Upper Gilchrist Road. The forms can be picked up from the reception desk, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. After-hours, the forms will be available on the outside of the front door. Forms are also available online at www.knoxhealth.com. Click on the What’s New button. For those unable to pick up a form in advance, there will be plenty of registration forms onsite. There will also be health department staff onsite at the drive-thru clinic to help complete the forms.
Attendees at the drive-thru clinic will enter the fairgrounds through the lower gate on the east side of the fairgrounds. Traffic will be routed to the north, around the race track and toward the grandstand area. There will be several checking stations along the way. The flu shots will be given in the Merchant’s Building. There will be two lanes of traffic entering the building where registered nurses will staff six shot stations. Attendees will not need to get out of their vehicles to receive the shot. They are advised to wear loose-fitting clothes so that their arm is accessible to the nurse
In addition to the drive-thru clinic, the health department will also sponsor five community clinics. The same criteria used for the drive-thru clinic will apply to the community clinics.  The dates and locations of the community clinics are:
Tues., Oct. 21,     1-3 p.m.      Centerburg Senior Services

119 S. Preston St., Centerburg

(old high school building)

Tues., Oct. 28,     1-3 p.m.,    Fredericktown Community Center

1 Burgett Dr., Fredericktown

Thurs., Oct. 30,   1-3 p.m.,    St. Luke’s Community Center

307 S. Market St, Danville

Tues., Nov. 4,      1-3 p.m.      Gambier Community Center

115 Meadow Lane, Gambier

Thurs., Nov. 6,    1-3 p.m.,         Floral Valley Community Center

850 Crestrose Drive, Howard
Should the Health Department have any flu vaccine remaining after the community clinics, it will be made available to the general public, with no restrictions, on a walk-in basis at the health department at 11660 Upper Gilchrist Road beginning Nov. 7.
The flu season in Ohio typically runs from November through mid-March and the recommended time period for vaccination is October through January. It generally takes at least two weeks after a vaccination for individuals to develop protection from influenza, which can last up to one year. Some people who get a flu shot may still get the flu, but they will usually get a milder case than those who did not get the shot.
Knox Countians can help stop the spread of the flu by washing their hands thoroughly and often; covering their mouths when sneezing or coughing; and staying home from work or school when sick.
For a recorded message with dates and locations of scheduled flu shot clinics,
call 2-1-1. For additional information, call the health department medical clinic
|at 399-8009.
Report Spam   Logged

Please help our kids who are very ill.Lets gave them there dream a computer all money go's towards computers for ill kids thank you...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- Stock Market Report
Facebook Comments