Welcome to Countrysideforum a form in the country
April 16, 2024, 01:32:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Classifieds Gallery Links MOUNT VERNON NEWS Facebook Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the last person to post here wins

+- TOP STORY ----SCHOOL CLOSINGS and Delays**

EDITED BY Michael Erow/Owner/Webmaster

HTML ezBlock

Check us for closing or at our Facebook page Computersforkids

+- Amber Alerts

NO AMBER ALERTS AT THIS TIME

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78
  Print  
Author Topic: the last person to post here wins  (Read 23454 times)
fleamailman
Countrysideforums talking Goblin Gold star Award
500 SILVER STAR MEMBER

Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Fifth year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #1140 on: June 02, 2011, 04:26:23 am »

repost from elsewhere

"...sometimes one escapes the tourist context altogether, and simply finds oneself emotionally at awe at ones own insignificance again..." mentioned the goblin who had just returned deepened from his his visit to the trummelback falls now, where that mixture of intense damp air permeating from some thundering relentless deafening sound of a downward plunging cascade of water, set right next to countless corridors of climbing continuous steps upwards, just spelled man's coexistense with everything once more, and his aspirations to soar against the odds each time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS36S6tlPEs&feature=related

Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman
500 SILVER STAR MEMBER

« Reply #1141 on: June 04, 2011, 03:49:24 am »

repost from elsewhere

Ben only sets prime. he doesn't establish lending practices

"...true, adjusting the prime is not going to mean much if no one will lend money in the first place, but the fed regulates the amount of money in circulation, where more money is being printed at this point than at any point in its previous history, icy dicey in practice then

107 1141 19573
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 03:50:20 am by fleamailman » Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman
500 SILVER STAR MEMBER

« Reply #1142 on: June 04, 2011, 03:53:47 am »

repost from elsewhere

"...catch me if you can then, but I am not poaching you anywhere..." repeated the goblin, continuing "...just you're too good for any one forum alone, you should be on many now, for how else is forumland ever going to know of you if you don't post yourself across it, yet perhaps it's best to start off somewhat anonymous, you can blow your cover whenever you like, though I never will, for I enjoy my anonymity far too much to spoil it,  besides, forumland rightly hates people who stick up all their dailylife details so you'll need to be a bit imaginative here, besides, I never thought that person in the mirror was the true "you" anyway, no you had to be an angel in the way you alone amongst them have befriended me..."

Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman
500 SILVER STAR MEMBER

« Reply #1143 on: June 13, 2011, 10:00:31 am »

repost from elsewhere, a moment last year then

the goblin's life seemed more "short and sweet" than "plain and simple", where those ever more evident and ominous shadows were falling over it now, saying "...what's is the point in knowing about that which one can do nothing about anyway...", it was as if the clown had lost his smile here, so was it god's rage at man's blunders then, or something coming anyway, whichever, only that between "post glacial rebound" and the "financial collapse" things were ludicrously "business as usual" it seemed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_B4uL179io&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YddIuwHJtQs&feature=related

Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman
500 SILVER STAR MEMBER

« Reply #1144 on: June 13, 2011, 10:07:50 am »

repost from elsewhere

"...how I love creating posts, for what one puts into ones posting is what one gets out of it too..." mentioned the goblin now, in fact, he had been fighting writertypes to that usual bitter end somewhere else, and now needed this thread to cool off a bit, and perhaps to exact his opinion once more, saying "...no, the reason why I am not a writer is because it creates an us and them between mr jo average and anyone published who perhaps thinks that a post is something other than its content within it, where my going "the emperor has no clothes now, nor posts too" doesn't exactly endear me to them I suppose, but what of it...", though that perhaps was the their fault for thinking that they can put into their books what they don't put into their posts while dismissing mr jo average as just too stupid to notice any discrepancy here, "...just who do they think the are kidding..." went the disgruntled chorus of readers in the background, so the goblin simply concluded "...simply, one's posts are as much oneself as one's books are, where readers see the author clearly through their posts or their non posts then..."

107 1144 19597
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 10:09:27 am by fleamailman » Report Spam   Logged
otto
ORANGE STAR MEMBER

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #1145 on: June 13, 2011, 07:55:22 pm »

allright - The Goblin is still here. I had forgotten about him. One of my favorite posters all time. I do not like the Federal Reserve one bit. It needs to go.
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman
500 SILVER STAR MEMBER

« Reply #1146 on: June 14, 2011, 03:34:29 am »

("...ah now I'm always here otto, and I always reply too..." mentione the goblin now, adding "...just I need to edit my posts, so, either I chat with whoever posts, or just I continue editing on as usual...", in fact, the goblin didn't post out of any selflessness towards the forum now, no, he needed the forum and its sense of audience)

repost from elsewhere

"...ah yes, the world of adults wants lies far more than it actually wants the truth here, since that innocence of childhood is no longer acceptable to our reason now, so instead we seek loopholes to our reason then, where for example, we can see that another financial crash is coming since the sums don't add up, and yet, we think that if we just sit tight, it will blow over or go away, somehow knowing that, even at best, we are just stoking the flames with ever more investment just for that same crash to occur some later point, the loopholes being "bailouts", or "someone else's problem", or "I could be wrong" but what does your reason tell you at this point now..." said the goblin who was only using this as one clear example of how one lies to oneself here, in fact, without lies the goblin ventured that this world of adults would collapse into a chaos of honesty and despair, he continued  "...oh no, lie to me please, as my mundane dailylife is ample proof of the truth of my slavery to it,  and yet I can't escape from myself can I, so I ignore the various approaching disasters now, hoping that lies, loopholes, and distractions will just suffice then..."

« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 03:37:34 am by fleamailman » Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman
500 SILVER STAR MEMBER

« Reply #1147 on: June 14, 2011, 03:42:29 am »

repost from elsewhere

"...ah spirit, when death announces himself he's a friend is it not, where those accidents are the hardest of his jests, but he alone adds meaning to one's short life here, for without death it would all be some meaningless eternity..." said the goblin, adding "...funny, we're just like so many fireflies against the night's sky, where it's as if those stars just smile down at our assumptive folly each time, but I'd rather be one of those little fireflies then, for the stars can't dance like we do tonight..."

107 1147 19603
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 03:43:23 am by fleamailman » Report Spam   Logged
otto
ORANGE STAR MEMBER

« Reply #1148 on: June 15, 2011, 06:44:51 pm »

I'll let the goblin win.
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman
500 SILVER STAR MEMBER

« Reply #1149 on: June 15, 2011, 11:53:49 pm »

("...not to worry about it, for either way I will post on..." replied the goblin, adding "...just, since I reply always, the tempo is quicker where a thread is active...")

repost from elsewhere

"...today it's the first stage of zen then..." ranted the goblin now, his stomach still churning from yesterday's whatever, adding "...besides, outside it feels ten degrees colder than normal here, so whether I have eaten something, or caught something, really makes no difference, in that, whereas normally I am "going through the motions" during my work, today I am just "going through my non-motions" where possible for today the man in the mirror would pass for a zombie...", anyway the goblin's imagination was firmly grounded at this point, saying "...I promise to escape my reality to somewhere else tomorrow, but today it's just the first stage of zen again, the stage where one makes ones mind as blanc as possible..."

107 1149 19616
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 11:55:24 pm by fleamailman » Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman
500 SILVER STAR MEMBER

« Reply #1150 on: June 16, 2011, 12:00:44 am »

repost from elsewhere

wow, this thread is interesting... I surely have an opinion somewhere...LOL..., it's funny, lately I have been thinking how offline is now taking up too much of my available online time... what a twist from 2007, 2008, and 2009, now I feel I need some balance the other way, while I am no longer a forum junkie, I am not 100% happy with the little time I have for reading and posting

"...one idea then is if one can't be on-line often enough, is to prepare ones posts off-line for the next time one goes on-line again, thereby blurring the notion of being on-line/off-line here, where for example someone's reply might feed me now, resulting in my "feeding the slot" like this, but if not, there is everything that floats up while either going through my passing day off-line, or conversely born of the depth of my staring at the computer screen like now still off-line though, but either way, being on-line or not changes little as the post itself is merely the culminative discharge of that which I have digested previously, so perhaps then, when people say my posts are a load of crap, indeed they might well be, but they have shriveled digestive tracts for saying so, for life is this feast is it not, something should come out of it then..." replied the goblin

Report Spam   Logged
otto
ORANGE STAR MEMBER

« Reply #1151 on: June 16, 2011, 12:39:17 pm »

I don't mind the coon around. Skunks and groundhogs are another story.  Had a white skunk walk up on me fishing the other night and my young Hermighty was lucky to not get sprayed. Since it was white I thought it was a cat initially. As it got closer I recognized that funky skunk walk.
Report Spam   Logged
darthredlight
1000 FULL STAR MEMBER

Cant wait til spring........

Nineth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1152 on: June 20, 2011, 10:04:24 pm »

Angry  talk about coons........we has coon just tear out all the insulation from under the back side of my house....they made one hell of a mess.....15 bags of insulation we had to clean up......i trapped the coon and found she had babies......
Report Spam   Logged

[Img]http://i52.tinypic.com/35arpr9.jpg[/
fleamailman
500 SILVER STAR MEMBER

« Reply #1153 on: June 21, 2011, 12:31:17 am »

(the goblin lived in a city, with greenery all around and view of mountains, and yet it seemed devoid of non city wildlife, confessing  "...I don't think I have seen even one wild animal in Geneva for years now, there's nothing for them to eat here...")

repost from elsewhere

i have one goal - enjoy life

"...I am not sure if a better awareness is enjoyment as such, but I am at an age where much of those external pleasures now seem either hollow or heightened by some reflection upon them..." mentioned the goblin, continuing "...perhaps my life would be more pleasurable if I didn't know the details of its workings by now..."

108 1153 19623
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 12:32:12 am by fleamailman » Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman
500 SILVER STAR MEMBER

« Reply #1154 on: June 21, 2011, 12:36:03 am »

repost from elsewhere

As for true madness, it only brings misery.

“...ah now, I suspect that everyone is “part mad part sane” then, where someones disfunctionality is the real issue here...” replied the goblin, continuing “...madness tends to be more emotional than sanity in my view, it's visionary, illogical, compulsive, etc., whereas that cold clear sanity seems more sobering then, and something we don't actually admit to ourselves is that it's this madness that we crave for...”, and with that the goblin thought about disfunctionality again, saying “...however, within society, those who are not in control of the madness are more often disfunctional where their madness, unlike our madness that is, causes enough friction to have them locked up, treated, or both even, so the truth, for me at least, is that most of us have our madness under control then but we are still mad by it...”

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- Stock Market Report
Facebook Comments