Welcome to Countrysideforum a form in the country
April 18, 2024, 05:22:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Classifieds Gallery Links MOUNT VERNON NEWS Facebook Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Mobile home fire on July 17, 2008

+- TOP STORY ----SCHOOL CLOSINGS and Delays**

EDITED BY Michael Erow/Owner/Webmaster

HTML ezBlock

Check us for closing or at our Facebook page Computersforkids

+- Amber Alerts

NO AMBER ALERTS AT THIS TIME

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mobile home fire on July 17, 2008  (Read 245 times)
perow
BLUE STAR MEMBER

Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary
« on: July 18, 2008, 11:18:41 pm »

Last night some very good friends of mine lost their mobile home due to a fire.  They lost everything they own and nothing was/is salvagable.  They have two beautiful boys ages 5 and 1.  If anyone has any clothing or knows anyone that might have clothing that may fit the boys please get ahold of me.  If there is anyone that would like to donate or try to help this couple out also feel free to contact me.  They have a very long road ahead of them and will not be able to do this on their own.  Hopefully there are some folks in our community that can find it in their hearts to help a couple that is truly down on their luck out.   Thanks so much for taking the time to read this post and God bless you all!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
nicole1221
250 GREEN STAR MEMBER

Level 5 100 Posts 50 Posts
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 10:41:46 am »

Cry I sure am sorry to hear that Perow! I'll be praying for the family!
Report Spam   Logged
perow
BLUE STAR MEMBER

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 11:57:57 am »

Thanks alot Nicole they sure can use some prayers. 
Report Spam   Logged
ratz
250 GREEN STAR MEMBER

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 05:35:14 pm »

Was that the place on pleasant something rd?
Report Spam   Logged
perow
BLUE STAR MEMBER

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 01:37:38 pm »

Yes it was on Pleasant Valley Road.   Cry
Report Spam   Logged
ratz
250 GREEN STAR MEMBER

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 01:56:00 pm »

I saw that in the paper and listened to it on the scanner. According to the paper there were no alarms or insurance either and they lost everything.
Report Spam   Logged
perow
BLUE STAR MEMBER

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 10:04:59 pm »

Yes Ratz, that would be correct.  Don't quote me but I don't think any insurance company would insure them because of how old the mobile home was and for the fact that they used a wood burner. They did loose everything!  It's a very sad situation the husband is currently enrolled in school trying to better himself.  There are several places in town that are taking donations for this family.  I am going to do all that I can physically, mentally and financially to help this couple out.  The fire department told them that they have approximately two months to get the area cleaned up or the health department will give them a fine.  Crazyness!!!! Come on they just lost everything they owned, have no place to live and have to worry about that BS as well.  I guess it's understandable incase someone would get hurt out there but they do have No Tresspassing signs posted.    Just maybe we will be able to find a trash company that will donate a dumpster so that we can try to start cleaning the mess up.  Any suggestions on who to contact? 
Report Spam   Logged
ratz
250 GREEN STAR MEMBER

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 06:51:17 am »

The fire department told them that they have approximately two months to get the area cleaned up or the health department will give them a fine.  Crazyness!!!! 
If thats the case, the health department needs to get after a lot of people in the city and county because there are places that should have been cleaned up long ago that has slipped through the cracks. There is a house near me that they cant rent due to (I heard) mold in the basement but that doesn't make them do anything about it. This place has been empty for 3-4 years.
Report Spam   Logged
perow
BLUE STAR MEMBER

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 03:46:52 pm »

Funny how they do that crap isn't it?
Report Spam   Logged
Michael Erow
ADMINISTRATOR EXECUTIONER
Administrator
500 SILVER STAR MEMBER

do unto others as they do unto you

Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 08:06:03 pm »

Yes Ratz, that would be correct.  Don't quote me but I don't think any insurance company would insure them because of how old the mobile home was and for the fact that they used a wood burner. They did loose everything!  It's a very sad situation the husband is currently enrolled in school trying to better himself.  There are several places in town that are taking donations for this family.  I am going to do all that I can physically, mentally and financially to help this couple out.  The fire department told them that they have approximately two months to get the area cleaned up or the health department will give them a fine.  Crazyness!!!! Come on they just lost everything they owned, have no place to live and have to worry about that BS as well.  I guess it's understandable incase someone would get hurt out there but they do have No Tresspassing signs posted.    Just maybe we will be able to find a trash company that will donate a dumpster so that we can try to start cleaning the mess up.  Any suggestions on who to contact? 

Your right Perow I can't get no ins.on my trailer or stuff i have in it and I think its ********* .They told me if I rented this place i could get renters ins on my stuff but not the trailer its not fair to us or anyone there ought to be a law againest it.
Report Spam   Logged

Please help our kids who are very ill.Lets gave them there dream a computer all money go's towards computers for ill kids thank you...
perow
BLUE STAR MEMBER

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 10:51:23 pm »

Your darn right there should be.  How the heck is someone suppose to recover from a house fire that destroys everything they own if noone will insure them? 
Report Spam   Logged
darthredlight

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 09:38:30 am »

Sad Any updates on this perow?  How are they getting along.......I just seen this topic and wonder how they were doing.......

I hate hearing about fires or anything that puts someone out of there home.....
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- Stock Market Report
Facebook Comments