Welcome to Countrysideforum a form in the country
March 29, 2024, 08:04:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Classifieds Gallery Links MOUNT VERNON NEWS Facebook Staff List Calendar Login Register  

DTV Conversion....

+- TOP STORY ----SCHOOL CLOSINGS and Delays**

EDITED BY Michael Erow/Owner/Webmaster

HTML ezBlock

Check us for closing or at our Facebook page Computersforkids

+- Amber Alerts

NO AMBER ALERTS AT THIS TIME

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DTV Conversion....  (Read 192 times)
darthredlight

Badges: (View All)
« on: January 27, 2009, 09:54:16 pm »

:tickedoff:  I think this whole idea sucks anyway........its all a way to get money to the place that sell TV's and or convertor boxes...

Not many can even afford 13 bucks after the 40 buck coupon.......and why the hell do they put an expiration date of them....that is really smart...but then didnt our government think this whole thing up......

and not to mention they only allow 2 coupons per household....that another smart a****** idea......people have more then 2 tv's in there home......hell i have a tv on my treadmill.....gonna have to put a convertor box on it....also game systems and  dvd players and VCR's will also need this convertor box if its not run through a dish.......

another brilliant idea from your government..... Angry

with the gas slowly going back up and more and more gettin laid off and losing there homes hell what do they need a convertor box for......

ok off my soap box now.....
Report Spam   Logged
nicole1221
250 GREEN STAR MEMBER

Level 5 100 Posts 50 Posts
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 02:29:13 pm »

:DI agree with ya darth.  Luckily, we have dish.  But like you said, even with the coupons, some people can't afford it.  Another stupid idea!
Report Spam   Logged
darthredlight

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 09:21:03 pm »

Angry Since they have decided to delay the cut off date for the analog signal......there will still be thousands of people not ready in june ......the government just dont get it....

People cant afford to run out and get a new tv......and sometimes its hard to use those coupons up before they expire.....

the stores cant keep the convertor boxes on the shelves......one of my coupons expired before i got to use it ...while waiting for wally world to get some more of the convertor boxes in my last coupon expired.....

I dont get why the stations have to stop broadcasting in analog....whats the difference......broadcast in both....anyone know why they cant do this...or why the government is sticking there noses in and making the stations stop broadcasting in analog.... Angry
Report Spam   Logged
Michael Erow
ADMINISTRATOR EXECUTIONER
Administrator
500 SILVER STAR MEMBER

do unto others as they do unto you

Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 09:31:35 pm »

Well they turn around and defeated the 4 month plan tonight they said on the news.Hell they don't know what they are doing have the time.So it ruling stays for Feb 17 and they said over 4 million people are still not ready.Why did they approve it then turn around and defeat it.
Report Spam   Logged

Please help our kids who are very ill.Lets gave them there dream a computer all money go's towards computers for ill kids thank you...
nicole1221
250 GREEN STAR MEMBER

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 02:50:21 pm »

I dunno.  I hadn't even realized that they changed it. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
darthredlight

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 09:38:10 pm »

Well they turn around and defeated the 4 month plan tonight they said on the news.Hell they don't know what they are doing have the time.So it ruling stays for Feb 17 and they said over 4 million people are still not ready.Why did they approve it then turn around and defeat it.

there will be alot of people not watching tv cause they cant afford the boxes........duhhhhhhhhh what a brilliant government we have....... :idiot2:
Report Spam   Logged
nicole1221
250 GREEN STAR MEMBER

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 02:25:40 pm »

LOL.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- Stock Market Report