Welcome to Countrysideforum a form in the country
April 20, 2024, 07:03:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Classifieds Gallery Links MOUNT VERNON NEWS Facebook Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Montenerys turning over reins of business

+- TOP STORY ----SCHOOL CLOSINGS and Delays**

EDITED BY Michael Erow/Owner/Webmaster

HTML ezBlock

Check us for closing or at our Facebook page Computersforkids

+- Amber Alerts

NO AMBER ALERTS AT THIS TIME

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Montenerys turning over reins of business  (Read 91 times)
Michael Erow
ADMINISTRATOR EXECUTIONER
Administrator
500 SILVER STAR MEMBER

do unto others as they do unto you

Badges: (View All)
Search Apple User Mobile User
« on: May 14, 2009, 09:57:26 am »

It all began for the Montenerys in 1972, when they moved to Mount Vernon. They were in their early 20s with two small children, an old car and just enough money for a small business loan. John wanted to own a pharmacy; by chance, there was one for sale. That was Heckler’s Pharmacy, then located on South Main Street.

“It was where Dumbaugh Insurance is now,” said Mary Lou. “We came to Mount Vernon from Columbus. We both went to Ohio State and graduated together.”

Medical Arts moved a couple of times. The Montenerys used to be next to the old Ron’s Pizza site, before they moved to the current location about seven years ago.

“I remember when we bought Heckler’s it had a great photo department,” John said. “In fact, it was the largest Nikon distributor in Ohio. That was thanks to Gary Hewitt. He worked for us until 1985.”

Perhaps the best memories the Montenerys have is of their customers.

“We’ve done it for so long, we’re filling prescriptions for the grandchildren of our original customers,” John said. “It’s the third generation.”

“It’s the fourth,” Mary Lou said. “It depends on how fast they were.”

“It became more than just dispensing medication for us,” John added. “We knew the people so well. It was just taking care of people.”

Their customers felt the same way. Don Stanton, a longtime customer of Medical Arts, stopped by the pharmacy to wish the Montenerys well.

“We’re gonna miss you guys,” he told the Montenerys.

“I’ve been going there since it was on South Main Street. Probably sometime around 1982,” he said.

On the day of the merger, the prescription cards of all Medical Arts customers will be confidentially transferred to CVS Pharmacy. The phone number will reach the pharmacy department of CVS. CVS has also hired the entire staff of Medical Arts, so no one will be losing a job.

The Montenerys will work full time at CVS for the first month after the merger. After that, they expect to work there part time.

“I don’t think I could give it up all at once,” Mary Lou explained.

The Montenerys are confident CVS will continue their tradition of prompt and courteous service and home delivery.

“It’s a good fit,” Mary Lou said. “They are in the same part of town and they’re really committed to keeping our customers happy. We feel comfortable with it.”

I want to wish John and Marylou a happy retirement and yes guys it's about time.I will stop by some time.Also at lease the works will have a job thanks to john and marylou.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 02:55:08 pm by darthredlight » Report Spam   Logged

Please help our kids who are very ill.Lets gave them there dream a computer all money go's towards computers for ill kids thank you...
darthredlight

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 10:35:04 am »

Wink I am sure gonna miss the personal atmosphere there........they were always available to talk if needed....

Good luck with your retirement..........
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- Stock Market Report
Facebook Comments